Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Update on Team Barnes

Well, it has been quite a while since our last blog, so I have a lot of catching up to do. We successfully completed our first marathon in December. It hurt so good would be the only way I can explain how we felt. Tears welled up in my eyes quite often as I passed encouraging strangers cheering me on. They didn't know me from anyone, but their kind words were a huge support for me. I knew I had to complete what I started for Sydney. Blake did great. He finished the marathon and was there at the finish line with a huge hug! Thank you to everyone who prayed, encouraged, and financially supported our endeavor. We raised almost $2,000 and crossed the marathon finish line as St. Jude Heroes. We could not have done it without you!

After the St. Jude Marathon in December, we ran in the Jackson Blues marathon relay in January. Blake was on a male team and I was on a female team made up of our friends and family. Blake and the other guys dominated and came in 7th overall against all of the relay teams. The girls team didn't do to shabby either. We all had a great time.

March rolled around and we ran the Rock 'N' Roll New Orleans half marathon. Blake did an incredible job and beat his previous PR with a 1:44 half marathon. Let me be the first to tell you, Blake is the most dedicated runner I know. He went out to break his previous PR of 1:56 and destroyed it! I am on proud wife :) I ran this half marathon with my friend Courtney. It was her first half marathon and she was so encouraging. She faced a few complications, but ran with a smile and finished strong. She makes the third person we have encouraged to start running and complete a half marathon with! Watch out friends, we are on a roll, you might be next!
I am going to include so pictures of all of the above events! 

St. Jude Marathon

Jackson Blues (sorry it will not let me turn the picture)
Rock 'N' Roll (sorry, again I can't turn the picture)


Now, are next endeavors prove to be a bit more difficult. Blake and I are going to compete in the Ironman 70.3! Blake will be participating in the upcoming April 22nd Ocshner Ironman 70.3 in New Orleans. He has such drive, determination, and will power. Whatever he puts his mind to, he succeeds in. Blake and I together will be participating in the Augusta, GA 70.3 series. I am excited to do this with Blake for a few reasons. One, I will be able to benefit from his experience and advice after his race in April, but two, training together is incredible for our relationship :)
 
Please continue to pray for Team Barnes and our endeavors. We are ambitious and are crossing off those bucket list items left and right! Continue to also encourage us along the way. We couldn't do it without our fan club filled with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment