Thursday, September 1, 2011

Marathon Training Week 4

So this past weekend was the end of week 4 training and for Blake it was very eventful. He competed in the first annual Gator Bait Olympic Distance Triathlon (and his first of that distance as well). You can see above that he crossed the finish line and did a fabulous job! I was so proud of him. I on the other hand sat in a chair and watched the whole thing. I did not compete in the Triathlon, although we do normally do them together. I kept great time and snapped plenty of pictures, but as for any real physical work, not so much. My long run was pushed off until Monday. After work I ran on the treadmill for six grueling miles. Running outside through scenic areas is one thing, on a treadmill is a different story. Anyway, I do like the fact I can set my pace and make myself run faster than normal on a treadmill, but that is about the only positive I can find. The heat just makes it difficult to run outside in the afternoon.

As for our training we are right on pace. Coming up this weekend is a twelve mile run. I know we are blogging late for this past week, but today marks two things, Blake's 25th Birthday and 29 days until we are on our way to Disney World for the wine and dine half marathon. At that point we will be half way to the St. Jude full. Continue to pray for our health and staying injury free, but more importantly, pray for the children of St. Jude. Again, feel free to help us raise money by clicking on the links attached to the page! Be a hero by helping us be Hero's!

Thankful for being able to run,

Team Barnes




No comments:

Post a Comment